When it comes to aging services, not-for-profit organizations are long-standing leaders in providing older adults with quality, flexibility, and innovation that they can trust. A group of these organizations joined together in 1961 to develop an association to learn from each other, advocate together, and inspire our country to view aging differently.
The result of that mandate is the 6,000+ member association’s new name: LeadingAge, which was officially changed in July 2010.
LeadingAge offers a strong and distinct voice for our not-for-profit members as we strive to expand the word of possibilities for aging. Working together, we lead in innovative practices that transform how we serve our aging population, cutting-edge initiatives to develop services that meet older adults’ needs and preferences and advocacy to advance the interest of the aging consumer. LeadingAge Virginia is proud to be one of 39 LeadingAge affiliates representing not-for-profit aging services providers representing 43 states.
As a LeadingAge Virginia and LeadingAge national member, one of your first steps at the National level is to create an individual login account through My.LeadingAge.org. Your account allows you to sign-up to receive valuable information from LeadingAge through email updates which will keep you informed about federal regulatory and legislative news.
Additional LeadingAge member benefits include:
- Advocacy – LeadingAge is the voice for not-for-profit aging services, fighting on Capitol Hill to remove barriers to care, develop new services, and improve reimbursement.
- Listservs – Nearly 30 active listservs where members collaborate on things such as best practices, strategic plans, policies, contracts, vendor contacts, and more.
- LeadingAge Insights – A set of business intelligence tools helping you better understand your performance and market position, including easy access to experts in the field. This benefit is FREE to LeadingAge provider members.
- Publications – Access to LeadingAge Magazine and newsletters on focused topic areas.
- Technical Assistance – LeadingAge provides technical assistance to members from field experts, such as MDS compliance, tax-exemption issues, Sounding Board (retired CEOs provide knowledge and counsel to members on a variety of topic areas), and HUD requirements and regulations.
- Not-For-Profit Voice – LeadingAge is committed to helping members strengthen their governance practices to affirm public confidence in our missions and help members preserve their tax-exempt status and tax-deductible contribution benefit for donors.
- Business Tools – Designed specifically to assist members with their workforce, governance, and board development issues.